Thursday, August 28, 2008

Heard on Talk Radio

Yesterday we were between talking books. Never a good thing, as I just hate talking on the radio and Steve finds the call-in shows entertaining. They make my hair hurt really, really bad, and I usually insist upon quiet over talk-radio, but sometimes I have no choice, and sometimes the level of ignorance reaches hilarious heights. For example, a caller was talking about a web site where he found a list of public officials who had obtained their diplomas and degrees from phony universities. He rambled on and on for what seemed like hours, with the host encouraging his barely lucid obsessing. I was starting to get pissed off and reach for the tuner, but then he said "Did you know that you can get a doctoriat [sic] degree from the internet for $1400". Great! Made listening worthwhile. I'm going to apply for one the minute we get back.

No comments: